Od: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Odesláno: út 3.8.2010 15:05
Komu: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Předmět: Re: [xml-dev] Interest in XML is pretty steady

I've always been very sceptical about Google trends. The gradual decline
in the number of queries for a term like "XML" doesn't surprise me (the
more documents there are that mention XML, the less useful it becomes as
a search term). What does surprise me is the geographical spread. For
example, the Czech Republic always features near the top of the list,
way above all other European countries, and that simply doesn't square
with any other indicators (such as download stats for open source
software). Anyone have an explanation? Perhaps there's some robot in the
Czech Republic that is feeding searches through to Google?

Michael Kay
Saxonica