RE: [xml-dev] [Summary] Big hierarchy of XML Schema documents ...which XML Schema validators bring in the documents on demand?

Hi Michael,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Let me be sure that I now understand correctly.

Consider this XML document:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Library xmlns="http://www.library.org";
         xsi:schemaLocation=
                    "http://www.library.org
                     Library.xsd">
    <Books>
        <Book xmlns=http://www.book.org
              xsi:schemaLocation=
                           "http://www.book.org
                            Book.xsd">
                <Title>My Life and Times</Title>
                <Author>Paul McCartney</Author>
                <Date>1998</Date>
                <ISBN>1-56592-235-2</ISBN>
                <Publisher>Macmillan Publishing</Publisher>
        </Book>
    </Books>
</Library>

Xerces-J will not read Book.xsd until it gets to the <Book> element. It will read Library.xsd immediately. Is that correct?

/Roger