Re: [xml-dev] xml rendering browser problems

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Tony Nassar <tnassar@palantir.com> wrote:
If you right-click in Firefox, you'll see that it knows very well that the type is text/xml. The one way I can see to get Firefox to render this in a useful way is to have Firebug installed, right-click in the window displaying simply "Test", and select "Inspect element," which will give you the DOM.

It's not necessarily the case.  Firefox only "knows very well that the type is text/xml" if it has reason to know that.  We don't have enough info from Paul M to decide that.  You are right, though, that the way to check is in the "Page Info"menu.

There are also many ways to get FF to render it "usefully", including CSS and XSLT.

Meanwhile, FWIW, a good a time as any to mention my article "Firefox 3.0 and XML"

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-think41/

An article covering CSS and XSLT, tested on older FF versions, but should still work the same:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-ffox2/index.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/tutorials/x-xmlcss/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/tutorials/x-xmlcss2/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/tutorials/x-xmlcss3/