Re: [xml-dev] html 5, svg and internal subset?

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:17:29 +0200

> If you load a file from the file system then the file suffix is used
> I think to determine the MIME type and that way the parser that is
> used. A ".html" file is parsed as text/html (meaning so far with the
> browser's tag soup parser, with Firefox 4 with the new html5 parser),
> a ".xhtml" or ".xml" file is parsed as XML with the XML parser.

OK. Guessing then it ignores
charset=utf-8" />

> I am sure with Firefox or Mozilla you can use an .xml file with
> elements from XHTML, SVG and MathML just fine as long as you use
> namespaces. And Opera I think has no MathML support but can certainly
> render mixed namespace XHTML and SVG documents.

Which is fine for a trivial SVG file, but with a few hundred/thousand
lines of SVG (or mathml) it all gets a bit messy and could benefit
from an import/include, which is what i'm looking for?
Inlined SVG works (as it does now, using a transform to include it)
but I can't have a tidy source file.

-1 to html5 then.

Thanks Martin.

--