Re: [xml-dev] Extracting Schema from an element instance while parsing.

When you were evaluating Xerces' XML Schema API did you have a look at PSVIProvider [1][2]? An XML Schema processor already has to match up element declarations with elements in the instance. If you're validating the document you can retrieve the XSElementDeclarations from the PSVIProvider for each element and stream it if you're using SAX.

Thanks.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/xs/org/apache/xerces/xs/PSVIProvider.html
[2] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html#faq-8

Michael Glavassevich