Re: [xml-dev] My report on experiments with unused namespaces

Can I assume that the following is the conclusion?

a) XML spec or Namespaces in XML Spec do not dictate whether namespace
declarations are used or unused.
b) Whether a namespace declaration is being used or not depends on the
processing application. [i.e. processing application has the
capability to, and wishes to interpret text content within markup as
qualified names, or chooses to remain ignorant of it.]
c) There are no known "practical" uses of knowing whether a namespace
declaration is being used or not.
d) Its up to the users to choose to work around schema constraints by
using namespace declarations for data exchange.
for e.g. [
<orderInfo xmlns:poid="1234" xmlns:description="sampleOrder"
xmlns:numberOfItems="3"/>

How Lovely!
]

Ram