Re: [xml-dev] combining XMLEvent lists

  I have such a beast if your interested, or pieces of it.
In xmlsh I've experimented with StAX pipelines which are queues of StAX
Events
These are prety much exactly as Michael describes below, although in my
case they are multi-threaded with a reader on one end and a writer on
the other, but the underlying techniques work well.
The source is available at sourceforge ( follow the link from www.xmlsh.org)
I can help you locate the relevant files if interested.

Interestingly though, I have found the overhead of using StAX in a
pipeline to be *more overhead* then using text
serialization/deserialization.  Your case may differ, but something to
consider.  After about a month (pt) hard work to get this magic binary
StAX pipeline to work with imaginations  of it being like 10x faster
then text ... I was disheartened to discover it was about 20% *slower*.

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org