Re: [xml-dev] [Java] Serializing StAX Events

  Looks something like this

http://tutorials.jenkov.com/java-xml/stax-xmleventwriter.html

If you want a String at the end, just use a StringWriter as you Writer.
If you really want a StringBuilder rather than a String, you may have to
write your own Writer, but that seems easy enough.

(Saxon 9.3 adds a StAX writing interface to allow you to write
programmatically to the Saxon serializer, with full control of all the
serialization parameters, but that's not released yet).

Michael Kay
Saxonica