Re: why whitespace counts as a node?

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:54:20 +0000, David Carlisle wrote:

>  Not all XML is a database dump
> <row>
>    <item>a</item>
>    <item>b</item>
> </row>
>
> where all white space is cosmetic indentation.

Ah, see, maybe that's just my bias or lack of imagination.  I can't
imagine where white space is anything but cosmetic.

Ok, so it does serve a purpose.  However, even in xhtml, if you want
white space in a paragraph of text, then you can put that whitespace
between tags.  I'm sure it's my lack of experience, but, for example,
when do you need that white space?

thanks,

Thufir