Re: [xml-dev] including another xml file (without a DTD)

At 2010-11-29 07:06 -0800, trubliphone wrote:
>\I have a big XML file I would like to split up into smaller XML
>files.  I know that this can be done using an entity inside a DTD:
>

><!DOCTYPE novel SYSTEM "foo.dtd" [
><!ENTITY bar SYSTEM "bar.xml">
>]>
>
>But, I am using Schemas.  Is there still a way for me to do this?

What you are citing is the ability to define the entity structure of
an XML document.  This doesn't prevent you from using W3C Schema to
test for constraint violations of the elements and attributes.

You are still allowed to say:

  <!DOCTYPE novel
  [
  <!ENTITY bar SYSTEM "bar.xml">
  ]>
  <novel>...&bar;...</novel>

... and then validate its content with a W3C Schema processor.

I hope this helps.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/