Re: [xml-dev] Where is XML going : III Requirements

David Lee posed a good question in asking why and what.
Bens response was convincing to me, as part of the answer. XML on the
web[Bens definition].
The other aspect we can address is the grumbles we've heard on this
list over the last few years.  Succinctly, what aspects of the XML stack
do we need to keep and do they belong within SXML/XML 2.0?
James put the list at XML Namespaces, xml:id, xml:base and XML Infoset.
Would you add more? Drop some of these? Which parts of XML 1.0
are redundant/legacy/hard to implement|explain? What could be
culled to make a smarter spec before we build on it.

regards DaveP

--

regards

--