RE: [xml-dev] Towards XML 2.0

+10 !!! for conformance classes.

This is what I meant when suggesting "Processor Profiles".

A set of well-defined subsets of XML for particular purposes.   It would all still be "XML" but just limit the use to particular features,

and enable processers to be written optimized for that class/profile.

By defining these publicly it gives a 'nod' to the users to 'feel OK' about what they are doing, and a justification to other engineers/mgt etc.

It also gives a common set of specs for all parts of the content pipe.   This would be a great boon for the Mobile space, IMHO,

as we might actually get a decent mobile XML parser (possibly in JS) conforming to a 'standard' profile … instead of giving up because

doing 100% was just too big.

"Were using Min Profile 3.2 - No Namespaces, No Mixed Content …"

David A. Lee

dlee@calldei.com

http://www.xmlsh.org