Re: [xml-dev] Cross-domain loading of XML

Web people are really dominated by the "DHTML solves everything" mantra.
They forget about data and semantics, and focus on DOM+JS manipulations.

There is a REEEAAAAL need for the XInclude feature in web development.
Because XInclude is not standardized in the (X)HTML spec,
they implement the feature with  various JS tricks (aka AJAX).
But it is semantically horrible, non-standard, and hardly cross-browser.

The XML community on the other hand has thought a lot about the
XInclude feature.

It seems to me that both communities should work together to port the
XInclude feature to the Web.

For example, the goal could be to standardize and implement a
universal robust xinclude tag in the (X)HTML spec.

Example:
----
 <xinclude href="/menu.html" pointer="//div[1]">

and magically the menu appears in the browser (and in the DOM).
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO simple !!!!
So semantically clean.
----

It sounds to me much more feasible than fully refactoring XML.

PS: XProc on the client is uberfun, thanks for the link !!!