Re: [xml-dev] Is "Hand Authoring" XML still a critical use case ?

* David Lee wrote:
>I argue the readability and writability are *totally different*.
>I read XML ALL DAY and for me its #1 appeal s a format is that its humanly
>readable.
>that’s not at all the same as 'easily written'.

The main difference is that in reading you can ignore some things, like
most namespace declarations, which you can't ignore in writing. Beyond
that you quickly run into problems like concise versus descriptive names
or whether repeating element names in end tags is good or bad, where you
can argue either way for reading and for writing.