Re: [xml-dev] MicroXML

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:01:11 +0700
James Clark <jjc@jclark.com> wrote:

> I wrote a post describing a fairly minimal subset of XML:
>
>    http://blog.jclark.com/2010/12/microxml.html
>
> James

On Namespaces:

"the xmlns attribute (not xmlns:x, just bare xmlns). However, as far as
the MicroXML data model is concerned, it's just another attribute. It
thus works in a very similar way to xml:lang: "

Lovely simple namespace change. How hard would it be to explain
inheritance to a newbie?  Ten times easier than the current system.

I don't see any utility in the ns prefix ideas though James? Just
more complexity?

Wouldn't it be easier to require a transform back to XML 1.0 format?

--

regards

--
Dave Pawson