Re: [xml-dev] MicroXML

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Andrew Welch
<<mailto:andrew.j.welch@gmail.com>andrew.j.welch@gmail.com> wrote:

>...I think everyone takes "XML" to mean "XML 1.0 + XML Namespaces" so
>to say something is a "subset of XML" but not mean namespaces you
>might get done for false advertising :)

May I suggest that this discussion might be more productive if:

  -   "everyone" is taken to mean "I"

  -   "the majority of users" is taken to mean "my team" or "my friends", and

  -   "the vast majority of users" is taken to mean "people doing
       what I am doing or working in my environment"

One of the wonderful things about XML is that it is so widely used
that nobody has a good understanding of all the places and ways in
which it is used (meaning, of course, that I don't have such an
understanding and I don't think anyone else does either.)

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@mulberrytech.com
   Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML