Re: [xml-dev] Status of MicroXML?

Personal opinions here - and no relation to my namesake in Thailand.

Pete, what more is required?  Isn't it already written up?   As a true
subset, it requires nothing from the XML standard itself -- just a
definition.  Which James supplied as a complete grammar here:
http://blog.jclark.com/2010/12/microxml.html

As noted in the exchange between James & Philip, it solves a lot of
problems without requiring any perturbation of the standard itself:

Should be harmless, I'd think, to efforts to improve HTML, and to
those to improve the base XML spec, catalogued by Liam in other posts
on this list.

"MicroXML" simply is a conformant, "Just Say No" approach to some
complex stuff, which will fit a lot of use cases, granting that there
are others.  What I like best about it is that it obeys the DPH rule,
ambient in XML's early development, and increasingly overlooked, later
on.  DPH: towards the end of this blog entry:
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2010/07/21/DPH

Straight to the pub?

Regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark