From: Chris Burdess [mailto:dog@bluezoo.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:47 AM
To: James Clark
Cc: xml-dev
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] MicroXML

James Clark wrote:
> I wrote a post describing a fairly minimal subset of XML:
>    http://blog.jclark.com/2010/12/microxml.html

I'm a little unclear about what MicroXML is intended to achieve. Is it to
define the intersection between XML 1.0 and HTML5, in order that both XML
and HTML5 parsers can process a MicroXML document? If it is a subset of XML,
presumably nobody would need to write a parser specifically for it since we
could use an XML parser.

What would you actually use MicroXML for instead of using XML? What use
cases does it solve?
Chris Burdess