Re: [xml-dev] Evolution of a markup language: replace recurringpatterns that are imperatively implemented with declarative solutions

> How has XML evolved? Can you cite examples of where usage patterns have been observed and then equivalent declarative solutions have been provided?

I don't think you can say XML itself has evolved since, by design,
there has only been one version in a decade. However, I think
a classic XML-related example of the progress from Javascript to
declarative markup has been the evolution from XML Data Islands
to XForms.

Regards

----
Stephen D Green