[ANN] XQuery in the Browser, JavaScript Edition

Dear all,

Last year, at XML Prague 2010, we presented our latest release of the XQuery in the Browser plugin. While the audience seemed enthusiastic about this idea, using a plugin was seen as insurmountable obstacle to a wider adoption of using XQuery on the client layer.

So we decided to get rid of the plugin.

It is our pleasure to introduce an alpha preview of XQuery in the Browser, JavaScript Edition. The principle remains the same: the XQuery code put inside a script tag (type text/xquery) gets executed. The difference is: there is nothing to install.

A preview of some samples is available under http://www.xqib.org/js

More information (supported browsers, how to write your own XQuery code…) is available under http://www.xqib.org

Your feedback is welcome.

Kind regards and happy new year,