Re: [xml-dev] What things have achieved universal acceptance acrossthe entire XML community? What are the characteristics of readily standardizablethings?

On 1/10/11 12:14 PM, Michael Kay wrote:
>> I think that the XML Schema 1.0 data types are universally accepted by
>> the XML community.
 >
> There's a large part of the community that doesn't use data types at
> all, and doesn't want to.

Yes.  There's even a subcategory of that which may have needs that could
conceivably fit into "problems solvable by data types", but chooses to
handle those issues with other technologies or at different layers in
the processing stack.

--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/