RE: [xml-dev] text nodes of document in XDM

Thank you.
I am still curious about this statement:
------  David Carisle
the outer level document node constructor  is almost always implicit,
which simplifies things and it wouldn't really be possible to do that if
having two items was an error.
-------

In what language conventions is this the case ?

I have never found it to be the case myself, if I don't explicitly create a
document {} node none gets created.
But then I am much more familiar with XQuery then XSLT.
When is a document node created implicitly ?

If I run the xquery
	1,"hi", <foo/>

I do NOT get a document node.

David A. Lee