Re: [xml-dev] #Announce published JXML schema, an XML schema forrepresenting the JSON data model

On 03/02/2011 15:57, Richard Salz wrote:
> Folks might be interested in JSONx, an IBM standard to convert xml<>json.
> The spec is pretty short; the output a little verbose, but it was
> important to us that round-tripping be preserved.  Here's the start of
> some documentation; the spec itself is on the "next page" from this link:
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v3r8m1/index.jsp?topic=/xs40/convertingbetweenjsonandjsonx05.htm
> There's also some developerWorks articles on it, but I couldn't easily
> find them.
>
> Is it worth writing this up in a better place?  If so, where's?  An RFC?

I think an RFC would be great, and this list is probably as good a place
as any to refine it.

The IBM spec looks very similar to David Lee's: more concise because it
omits the MEMBER element, but at the cost of some loss of semantic
clarity, in my view. A string in JSON does not have a name property;
rather, a member of an object has a name and a value, and the value may
be a string.

Michael Kay
Saxonica