Re: [xml-dev] #Announce published JXML schema, an XML schema forrepresenting the JSON data model

> xs:boolean is a rather irritating type, a relic of the SGML days when
> the cost of a document was measured in keystrokes, making "true" four
> times more expensive than "1" and "false" five times more than "0".
> I suppose an appropriate restriction of xs:boolean (is that even
> possible?)  would be better.

Yes, it's possible - you can restrict the lexical space of a simple type
without restricting its value space by using the pattern facet. But in
this case, one would have to ask "to what purpose". It's essentially
just imposing one's personal taste, rather like restricting numbers to
disallow a leading "+" sign. You can tell when someone is committed to
standards by the fact that they conform even when it goes against their
personal taste.

Michael Kay
Saxonica