Re: [xml-dev] XML Redux

> But then looking at Mikes
>> {  authors: [
>>        {name: "Michael Kay", affiliation: "Saxonica"},
>>        {name: "Liam Quin", affiliation: "W3C"}
>>     ]
>>     abstract:<para { style : "bold" }>Here be some dragons</para>
>> }
> I'm not sure if content: is markup? I can see authors as a list..
> Is content: wrapping<section/>
>

> No. Just as

affiliation : "Saxonica"

is a name-value pair (within a map) where the name is affiliation and
the value is a string, so

is a name-value pair (within a map) where the name is content and the
value is a (textual) element.

This is what I mean about composability between structured data and
marked-up text, without being forced to represent the structured data
using syntax that was designed for textual markup. (Not dissimilar from
putting XML in a column of an RDB, except that (a) the structured data
part is more powerful than rows-and-columns, and (b) you can have
structured data inside the text content as well as vice versa.)

Michael Kay