Re: [xml-dev] XML Redux

Original Message From: "Dave Pawson"

> Semantics?
>
> Its a number... as apposed to a string?
> The sender recipient should understand it as 32 somethings,
> the app only knows it can treat it as a number?

But is that level of semantics helpful to a computer?  I'm not sure that
knowing that something is 32 the number, rather than "32" the string would
help me much with all the semantic inferencing I can do as a human.  I would
have thought its even less useful to a computer!

Here's a test:

12^^int

:-)

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info