Revision 1 MicroXSD 2011 Metaschema in XSD 1.0 and RNC

MicroXSD, Version 2011, Revision 1

Following comments received regarding the
design of the metaschema and improvements
which do not affect conforming MicroXSD
schema files or MicroXML files constrained
by these schema files, I have revised the
MicroXSD 2011 metaschema as attached.

This revision replaces the previous version at
but changes have no substantive affect on
conforming schema files and instances.

Below is a list of changes made.

Grateful acknowledgements to John Cowan
for initial comments and for the RNC files
which are also updated as attached).

1) base_type was a union of "string" and "decimal",
"integer", etc and the union has been removed
without affecting the list of enumerated values

2) The groups sequence_group and choice_group were identical.
They are now replaced with element_sequence_choice.

3) complexType_subgroup1 is renamed to sequence_choice and
complexType_subgroup2 to attributes.

4) "_group" is removed from group names

5) The pattern_type was not referenced anywhere and
was removed.

I have also added some randomly generated examples
of MicroXSD schema and its corresponding MicroXML.

Further comments are welcome at my blog on
MicroXSD at

Stephen D Green