Re: [xml-dev] XML basics

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 08:07 +0000, Joe Fawcett wrote:
> Liam
>
> (Forgot to replay all.)
>
> Thanks for your comments, can you suggest a good term for a generic building
> block of XML if I can't use the term 'node'?

A node in a graph (or tree) is something that might happen to XML after
it is processed in some way. But XML is an interchange format, and
defines elements, each with their start and end (or empty element) tags
and their attribute lists.

So I agree with Simon there.

I also agree with Andrew that it helps a lot to show exactly how that
marked up input might end up as a tree, for example in the XDM or (as
you seem to be fairly Web-browser-oriented) the DOM.

(and in case it wasn't clear, yes, I can probably help with a technical
review, although April/May and November tend to be too busy here)

Liam