Re: [xml-dev] What is the equivalent functional programming function(s) forhopping from element to element via XML "IDREF" references (or XSD "base" references)

"Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org> wrote on 04/07/2011 09:56:27 AM:

> The examples illustrate a recurring pattern: start at one element
> and hop, hop, hop to each element in the chain of references.
>
> How do I cast this recurring pattern into a functional programming
> mindset? For example, how would it be viewed from the Haskell mindset?

Functional programming does not prohibit "inner eval"

For example, in some mythical query language:

        (select '(Author)
                (filter equals
                        (nodeset '/Book/@id)
                        (select