Re: [xml-dev] ANN: a portable data component -- length

Certainly it sometimes makes sense to provide "redundant" data in this way.  But do you really (a) provide the values in multiple units, (b) provide the conversion factor, and (c) check the values for validity using the conversion factor, which is what is being proposed here?  For example, if you're providing prices for both imperial and metric weights, the prices ought to be in integral units of currency/coinage that people actually carry (no hundredths of shillings), and the weights some values that people in grocery stores can actually measure, right?  And do those numbers really work out so the exact same numbers appear on both sides of the conversion equations?