Re: [xml-dev] ANN: a portable data component -- length

On 10/04/2011 06:23, Toby Considine wrote:
> Interesting question, and one that goes to the heart of some of my current
> obsessions...
>
> Is there a standard XSD of SI units for inclusion somewhere on the web
>
> And
>
> Is there a standard XSD of SI scale ( peta / tera / giga / mega/ ...) for
> inclusion anywhere on the web?

As you probably know given your affiliation, the decimal SI
abbreviations (K, M, G etc, for 10^3, 10^6 etc) are defined in ISO
1000:2004, and the binary prefixes (Ki, Mi, Gi, which we should use for
2^10, 2^20 etc, but don't) are defined in ISO 80000-13:2008.

But I'm not aware of any standard that maps these into XSD types.

Michael Kay
Saxonica