Re: [xml-dev] [Summary] Portable Data Components

I guess the Schematron equivalent has the advantage of simplicity and
doesn't lose out on portability if any prerequisites are merely turned
into qualifications on the context:

<schema xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron";>
    <pattern>
        <rule context="/InvoiceCalculationModelReport/IN1[1]">
            <assert test="InvoiceCount[1]='1'">IN1 Failed</assert>
        </rule>
    </pattern>
    <pattern>
        <rule context="/InvoiceCalculationModelReport/INTOT1[1][DistinctCurrencyCount[1]='1']">
            <assert
test="LegalMonetaryTotalLineExtensionAmount[1]=SumOfLineExtensionAmounts[1]">INTOT1
Failed</assert>
        </rule>
    </pattern>
</schema>

Anything I can do better? I'd like to add reports too so that I get
some output even when a test cases is passed, not just when it fails
but that seems have an unwanted side effect of making the pass look
like a validation error.

<schema xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron";>
    <pattern>
        <rule context="/InvoiceCalculationModelReport/IN1[1]">
            <assert test="InvoiceCount[1]='1'">IN1 Failed</assert>
            <report test="InvoiceCount[1]='1'">IN1 Passed</report>
        </rule>
    </pattern>
    <pattern>
        <rule context="/InvoiceCalculationModelReport/INTOT1[1][DistinctCurrencyCount[1]='1']">
            <assert
test="LegalMonetaryTotalLineExtensionAmount[1]=SumOfLineExtensionAmounts[1]">INTOT1
Failed</assert>
            <report
test="LegalMonetaryTotalLineExtensionAmount[1]=SumOfLineExtensionAmounts[1]">INTOT1
Passed</report>
        </rule>
    </pattern>
</schema>

I've only got satisfactory results if I use an intermediate report
file aganst which to write the rules though, otherwise the XPaths are
too complex (especially if I include prerequisites as qualifications
on the context XPaths).

Cheers

Steve

--