Re: [xml-dev] DateTime and no TimeZones

Toby Considine scripsit:

> The reason is, I am exchanging information with RFC5545-compliant
> systems which have a fundamentally different understanding of
> TimeZones than does the XSD specification. At the end, I need to send
> <datetime><timezone> as two parameters. My choices appear to have a
> string type with my own pattern, or use xs:datetime, and constraint it
> so expression of timezone (including Z for UTC) is prohibited..

The choice is somewhat arbitrary, but I'd go with the latter, so that
you can do things like store your timezone-free dateTimes in XML
databases that treat dateTimes differently from strings.  The pattern
you want is -?\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\dT\d\d:\d\d:\d\d:(\.\d+)?

--
What has four pairs of pants, lives             John Cowan
in Philadelphia, and it never rains             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan