Re: [xml-dev] Polyglot XHTML5 Validator?

Hi David

You forgot to comment on this one:
*** Also I think we need an assertion testing that document.write()
and document.writeln() are not used.

You say that you don't want to make an assertion disallowing:
because: "I only want to test clauses in the polyglot spec, so perhaps
you should raise a bug against that?

I will do that. So please make the assertion, we need it. It will be a
very common error. It is too stupid that I and others will have do
make an improved version of your schema.

*** I think it is damaging that we cannot test for not allowed named
entity references, since it is bound to be a very common error.

Why not make an assertion using unparsed-text(), it is not in XPath
but will make it to the XSLT stylesheet and should work, I guess. You
could write the necessary regex faster than the rest of us can check
our mail on our iPhone.

*** I also feel it is sad that we can't validate the attribute
whitespace restrictions except that it will hardly ever cause a
problem, I guess. But it makes things much easier when we can say "all
restrictions are validated". So maybe unparsed-text() could rescue us
here also?

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov
http://www.xmlplease.com