Re: [xml-dev] SVG and MathML in HTML5

> Why have we allowed all this to happen?

In the end, what happens is decided by the makers of the software that
we choose to adopt. What happens in HTML is determined by what the
browser vendors decide to support. And like many, many groups of
software vendors in the past, they got fed up with being dictated to by
a slow-moving consortium pursuing an agenda that to them appeared
disconnected with the interests of their users.

Which is not to say I think they are doing the right thing. But if you
look at the game from their side of the board, you can
sort-of-understand why they are doing it.

Michael Kay
Saxonica