Subject: [rng-users] UML-to-RNG
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 22:43:49 +0200

Hello All,

I've been wondering: whenever I seem to read about UML models getting
mapped to XML, the target is either an instance, or XSD.

Both James Clark [1] and Eric van der Vlist [2] mention that RNG appears
to be a good[1]/perfect[2] target for mapping from UML, much better than
XSD.

[1]: http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/design.html
[2]: http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/relax-CHP-14-SECT-3.html

And hence my question: has anyone actually employed this kind of mapping
and if so, may I please have a reference to a report on that or a link
to a live project that uses UML->RNG mapping? Tried googling, failed...

Many thanks in advance,

  Piotr