getting started with HR-XML

Hi.

I am having another look at status quo in keeping ones professional/career information and revisiting the schemas after a few years.
XMLResume[1], while more lightweight seems pretty dead to me and in a way it's not only bad as it's better to have one standard in a given area of expertise.
The winner, HR-XML leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to openness and community support, but the schemas themselves are free.
Over the years the schemas have grown a lot in complexity and include transaction and all the backend specific to HR.
I am, for now set on converting my resume to HR-XML, but I am a bit puzzled as to how to approach it, the schema, as you download it, contains a mere 5600 files.
Still, I am guessing that I might want to use /HR-XML-3_1_1/org_hr-xml/3_1_1/Developer/Nouns/Candidate.xsd
I tried a simple instance and it validates, but now I am a bit puzzled.
Is it really going to be that useful as an interchange standard? I have yet to see a end worker facing job site that accepts CVs in HR-XML (all 7 of them).
If all I get is an ability to publish cross-media (PDF, HTML, doc), I was doing just fine with Word, to be honest.
Does anyone here have any recent experience with the standard or is involved with hr-xml community?
If so is this the right approach that one should take towards writing a resume?
Are there any plans to release a simplified schema, just to cover the needs of the end users who need to write/update their CV/resume?

Lech