Re: [xml-dev] [ANNOUNCE] New MicroXML draft available

Manos Batsis scripsit:

> Just did a quick scan over the draft and have one question/request:
> would it be possible to quicky summarize the differences between XML
> and MicroXML? Just a suggestion but I would really like for the draft
> abstract to go for that :-)

A good idea.  Here's a tentative list:

1) Simplified data model with only elements, attributes, and string and
element children.

2) No DTD.

3) Permissive error recovery.

4) Simplified DOCTYPE declaration.

5) Simplified processing instructions (must look like start tags).

6) No attribute normalization.

7) Minor restrictions on comments.

8) > in character content not allowed.

9) No CDATA sections.

10) No prefixes on element names.

11) Empty elements named "br" must be expressed with empty-tags.

If anyone can think of other differences, please let me know.

--
Do what you will,                       John Cowan
   this Life's a Fiction                cowan@ccil.org