Re: [xml-dev] Error and Fatal Error

Your posting seemed to have generated a lot of heat, but very little
light.  I think a few folks commented on the original question, but it
was hard to filter out of the other discussion.  My experience is
exactly yours: although the XML spec seems to leave open the possibility
of handling nonfatal errors, in practice most XML parsers simply reject
non-XML documents as soon as they encounter an error of any sort.  I'm
not sure I can think of even a single example of a non-fatal error
generated by any real XML parser.  Did I miss one in all the foregoing
comments?

-Mike