[ANN] Candle 0.9.1 Beta Release - a new scripting language for XML and more

Dear members of xml-dev list,

I'm glad to announce the 0.9.1 beta release of Candle (Common ApplicatioN Development LanguagE). Candle is an open-source (MPL) scripting language that unifies the core features of many XML-related technologies (including XSLT, XQuery, XQuery Update, RELAX NG, BNF, XHTML, SVG and more). It can be used to develop command-line, desktop and Internet applications.

Some of the advantages of Candle comparing to XSLT and XQuery are:

For more information, you can visit the website (http://www.candlescript.org/) or the SourceForge project.

You can also read two blog articles Why I Invented Candle (I) and Why I Invented Candle (II) to understand the design rationales behind Candle.

Your feedback on Candle is highly appreciated. I'm here anxiously waiting.

Henry

Candle App Platform - An unified platform for desktop and Internet apps.