From: John Cowan [mailto:cowan@ccil.org] On Behalf Of John Cowan
Sent: 2011 September 6, Tuesday 16:14
To: Cox, Bruce
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Evaluation Criteria for Markup Languages

Cox, Bruce scripsit:

> As Michael said, it's a question of finding the level of abstraction
> that everyone can agree to for exchange purposes while still
> supporting the local needs of a national office.  It's challenging.

Have you looked at OASIS XNAL 2.0
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ciq/ciq.html> for the name and address parts?  It should be powerful enough for anyone.

--
John Cowan   cowan@ccil.org  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Most languages are dramatically underdescribed, and at least one is dramatically overdescribed.  Still other languages are simultaneously overdescribed and underdescribed.  Welsh pertains to the third category.