Re: [xml-dev] In your community what percentage of XMLusers/developers use these technologies: Namespaces, XML Schema, Schematron, ...

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:40 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I wish to get a feel for what XML technologies people are using in various communities. Nothing precise, just a rough idea.

In the community that I work in, here is my estimate, for this technology selection, of the percentage of XML users/developers that use the technologies:

What is a user of XML? Is it someone who writes XML by hand (they type the pointy brackets)?

-Rob

1. Namespaces:  > 99%

2. XML Schema:  >95%

3. Schematron:  30% (and rising yearly)

4. RelaxNG:  <1%

5. XSLT:  20%

6. XProc: <1%

7. RDF:  5%

8. OWL: 5%

9. RSS: 5%

10. ATOM: 1%

11. NVDL: <1%

What are the percentages for your community?

/Roger