Re: [xml-dev] Is CVS A Practical Means to Manage XML Versions In A Production Environment

Hi Len:

I personally use Subversion and have been really happy with the results.
I found configuring CVS on the server was a bit daunting.  Subversion was
easier to configure on the Server.  Configuring it was Apache is pretty

On the client-side, Tortoise SVN is a really nice client configuration for
Windows.  It is easy to get non-technies up-to-speed easily.  My
environment has been Linux server and Windows clients.

Both Oxygen and Eclipse have SVN support.

Good luck!

BTW, one project that I used Subversion with a client was a 38784C
authoring and publishing environment.  I know you can relate |-)!

> The subject has the question.
> Assembling a free to near free environment for multiple authors working on
> multiple projects where some must be able to simultaneously edit then
> merge
> XML and illustrations, is free CVS a practical means?
> Thanks,
> len

Betty Harvey                         | Phone:  410-787-9200  FAX: 9830
Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |
harvey@eccnet.com                    | Washington,DC XML Users Grp
Member of XML Guild (www.xmlguild.org)