Re: [xml-dev] A proposal for application level XML 'namespaces'

Original Message From: "Andrew Welch"

>> I feel that this proposal is sufficiently radical
> One possibility that could be used today is to:
> 1. always use a prefix
> 2. use the same value for the prefix and namespace uri
> That way, given the element name you also know the namespace.
> Prefixes are already unique per domain anyway, and when XPath 3.0
> comes along with the "ns":local syntax it will fit nicely.
> Just doing that removes most of the complexity with namespaces, the
> only problem is losing the globally unique aspect... but in practice
> the prefix is already going to be unique in the subject area, and
> that's all it has to do.

So to check my understanding, do you mean doing:

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info