Re: [xml-dev] Style, Substance and Typing in Schemas

Michael Kay scripsit:

> [T]he designers of XSD decided, for example, that anyURI was not
> a subtype of string, and they have never been able to give me a
> convincing reason why

I asked Michael Sperberg-McQueen about this once (he usually has good
explanations), and it boiled down to "Certain people strongly believed
that URIs were not strings, and it was in the end more straightforward
to concede the point than to continue the argument."  (If I have
misunderstood him, the fault is mine, I hasten to add.)

--
"Well, I'm back."  --Sam        John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>