From: Andrew Welch [mailto:andrew.j.welch@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 7:22 PM
To: Michael Glavassevich
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] 15 elementary truths about XML

>> > 6. XML processors always interpret the bytes in XML files as
>> >
>> > 7. Thus, XML processors interpret XML files as a sequence of
>> XML parsers right?  The 'processor' is the thing that processes what
>> the parser reports...
> Terminology: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#dt-xml-proc
> The 'processor' is the thing that reads an XML document and makes its
> content available to an 'application'. An XML parser is an XML processor.

Ah ok, thanks for the link.

Do you know why it's 'processor' over just 'parser', is it DTD related?  Or
put another way - where does the parsing stop and the processing begin?

Andrew Welch

XML-DEV is a publicly archived, unmoderated list hosted by OASIS to support
XML implementation and development. To minimize spam in the archives, you
must subscribe before posting.