Re: [xml-dev] How to match targetNamespace URIs in XML Schemas tonamespace declarations in XML instances when the targetNamespaceattribute contains characters that are illegal in URIs?

Geoff Shuetrim scripsit:

> I am trying to determine what the namespace declaration, for elements
> defined in that schema, should be when those elements are used in an XML
> instance document.  Specifically, should I expect:
>
> 1. xmlns="http://example.com/target\namespace"; or should I expect
> 2. xmlns="http://example.com/target%5Cnamespace";

1 is the best choice.  Namespace names are matched character-by-character
(or rather codepoint-by-codepoint), even if they are not valid URIs.

--
John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Fundamental thinking is ha-ard.  Let's go ideology-shopping.