Re: [xml-dev] How to match targetNamespace URIs in XML Schemas tonamespace declarations in XML instances when the targetNamespace attributecontains characters that are illegal in URIs?

Thanks all for the clarification.

Regards

Geoff Shuetrim

On 4 November 2011 02:07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
Geoff Shuetrim writes:

> I have come across an XML Schema document with a targetNamespace attribute
> that contains, among other characters, a backslash character, for example "
> http://example.com/target\namespace".
>
> I am trying to determine what the namespace declaration, for elements
> defined in that schema, should be when those elements are used in an XML
> instance document.  Specifically, should I expect:
>
> 1. xmlns="http://example.com/target\namespace" or should I expect
> 2. xmlns="http://example.com/target%5Cnamespace"

Use the explicit \ (your 1.).  The Mapping to URIs you quote is
relevant only for dereferencing/GETting -- the namespace name is
WYSIWYG.

ht
               Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk