Re: [xml-dev] [Summary] Is recursive markup good? bad? supported? not supported?

At 2011-12-11 22:33 +0000, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Thanks for the outstanding feedback.
>
>I summarized our discussion:
>
>http://www.xfront.com/Recursive-Markup.pdf
>
>If I made any mistakes, please let me know.

First line:  in fact a document model has a recursive definition when
an element's descendant (not just a child as you say) has the same
definition as the element.  Later on you show the example of the
orderedlist descendant.

And you also imply in that first sentence that it has to be the same
element, rather than any element that has the same
definition.  Actually, I guess you get to that later.

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com