Re: [xml-dev] EXI: was : RE: [xml-dev] what's missing in XML?What's coming?

On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 18:42 -0500, David Lee wrote:

> Many people have tried different approaches to compressed (or 'efficient' )
> XML and I think they may have achieved their goals, in isolation.   Having a
> universally adopted spec & implementation I don't see as a bad thing unless
> it doesn't accomplish its goals.

The main goal from my perspective was to reduce the proliferation.

It's too soon to know if it succeeded there, but there's some suggestion
it has, at least a little. We previously were seeing things like
XML-specific compression specs that didn't support mixed content, for
example.

Liam